Friday, August 27, 2010

I heart Faces – Friday Fix It 8/27

It’s Friday and that means another Friday Fix It photo to play around with at I Heart Faces.   The original photographer, Angie Arthur Photography, has be so generous to let us work on some editing skills by providing the following photo:4931310293_2ec7ddf2df_b
I have edited it several times.  Here’s my first edit.  I added a few layers, changed the opacity to screen and then soft light to help bring out the colors. 
FF827_1 In this one, I lowered the saturation so the grass wasn’t so yellow after making the above edits.FF827_2Since one of this week’s blog posts focused on not shooting faces, I thought I would crop and focus on her legs.  I think it’s super cute.  I lowered the saturation here.
  FF827_3
Here, I decided to add a few gradient map layers and put them at different opacities.  First I copied the background layer and put it on screen 100% and then flattened it altogether.  Then I added a gradient map set on soft light at 50%, second on screen at 70%, and then soft light again.  I *think* this is my favorite.
FF827_4And finally, I converted it to black and white using the MCP Cancer Awareness Action.
FF827_5Throughout editing these photos, I used PS CS3 and actions by MCP, Coffeeshop, and Totally Rad Actions.  Thanks again for giving us such a fun photo to edit.  I haven’t completed last week’s edit, so I’ll be posting that soon.  With a hard drive crash, I feel like I’m running behind!  Anyway, I am loving trying new photo effects and edits!   


0 comments:

Contact Me

For more information or to book a photo session, please contact Rose McIntyre
Follow Me on Pinterest

Facebook Fan Page

About BFA Photography

BFA Photography - Blessings from Above Photography is located in Austin, Texas. Owned and operated by Rose McIntyre. BFA Photography offers newborn, child and family portraits in a natural light setting. Maternity, engagement and other photography services available upon request.

Official Volunteer Photographer for Operation: Love ReUnited. For more information, please visit www.oplove.org

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP