Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fighting the Ugly {Austin Family & Breast Cancer Awareness Photographer}

I have a new friend.  She is a sweet, gentle, kind, compassionate and beautiful woman.  She also has Stage IV Breast Cancer.  And it’s terminal. She calls it the ugly.  She has put up a HUGE fight and still continues.  There is just too much to live for.  And as she keeps reminding me, Jesus just isn’t ready for her, yet.   When I was first approached by a friend to photograph Christee and her beautiful daughter, KK, I was honored.  To think that someone thought of me to take priceless photos of a mother and daughter during such a life altering time just brought me to tears.  And then I met Christee.  And from the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew my life was changed.
Christee 038 copy 2bwpink_wm
     What a beautiful smile!
Christee 041 copy_wm
Just a Texas Girl at heart!
Christee 044 copyShe absolutely adores windmills
Christee 070 copy_wmSharing a story with KK
Christee 105 copybwpink Tender Moment
Christee 122bwTaking in her daughter.  The love and awe on her face right here cannot be denied.Christee 080 copyChristee – Thank you for being my friend. I am so blessed to know you!  Keep fighting the ugly!

The thing about these photos are that I really had to work on over processing.   This is the first session I just sat down and edited without relying on actions to help me out (and make the job a little easier).  And I'm sooo pleased with the results.  And so was Christee.   Her favorite photo was this one with her shining blue eyes.  Christee 038 copy 2Christee lost her battle to breast cancer on September 7, 2010.   Sweet Christee, thank you for blessing my life.  You are missed.  I can only imagine what it’s like in heaven at the feet of Jesus.  Your smile is missed here.

0 comments:

Contact Me

For more information or to book a photo session, please contact Rose McIntyre
Follow Me on Pinterest

Facebook Fan Page

About BFA Photography

BFA Photography - Blessings from Above Photography is located in Austin, Texas. Owned and operated by Rose McIntyre. BFA Photography offers newborn, child and family portraits in a natural light setting. Maternity, engagement and other photography services available upon request.

Official Volunteer Photographer for Operation: Love ReUnited. For more information, please visit www.oplove.org

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP